Sunday, October 10, 2010

Where is Home?

Is it where I grew up? Is it the town where I went to school and Church?  Is it where my friends and family are?  Is it the place where I feel most comfortable and safe? Is it knowing myself and my purpose in the world?  Is it just where I find myself at a particular place and time? Or is it where I can see and experience Christ the most; the place where I feel Him calling me to?  Maybe home is all of these things. 

But what about those people who have lost their parents; they have no family, church, or place where they can go and feel comfortable and safe.  What about those people who are abused physically or sexually by those they trusted?  Where is home for these people? 

These are the questions that I have been asking myself the past few weeks.  Sarah and I have been hearing the stories of  students who have no family, no one to call mom or dad, no one to touch them and hold them, and no house to go to on the holidays.  And some students who do live with families have been abused physically or taken advantage sexually.  Most of these students have a deep and really faith in God.  He is all they have to call home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment