Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In The Moment

Why can’t I be more in the moment?  It is so hard for me to keep my mind on the day-to-day.  I get so distracted with thoughts of the future, that I am taken out of the moment.  My mind is constantly dreaming of the future; the new plans of what my life will look like and adventures I will experience.  Why can’t I jus be content with where I am or at least have a balance of reminiscing of the past, enjoying the present and occasionally dreaming of the future.  I rarely speak of the past and reflect on past experiences.  I am in the moment when I am with people, but when I have time alone in my own thoughts, they are always running ahead.  I am excited about the dreams and desires the Lord has put in me, I just wish I was more in the balance.  I guess that is what I strive for in all aspects of my life...balance

1 comment:

  1. I share these thoughts and feelings with you. I often realize after some event has passed that I seemed to have missed something. It is not until I reflect that I realize I didn't even take time to be in the moment. I have somehow missed out on how I had previously imagined the event would go, but forgot to enjoy it when it was actually happening. I too think so much about what God wants for my future and get so exciting for planning for it that I forget that He has me where I am now for a reason and this is the future that I thought about not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete