Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What I am learning

I am learning how to depend on God daily and not put as much trust in myself, my job, my bank account, my car, and my health. I am learning to see that everyday, everything good is from God. Whether it is a safe journey to town or a hot meal that fills my belly. Whether it is the opportunity to spend time with the homeless children at street church or hold hands with a small boy who lives at the city dump with his family. God is behind it all, somehow…I don’t understand it…but I am learning to see life this way.

I am still fighting the idea that my self worth comes from 'what I do' rather then 'who I am'. Everyday that goes by I wonder at night, “Was I an encouragement, am I helping, was I productive?" Most of where I find self worth and contentment is based on my performance. But I am learning how to find my identity in who I am and not in what I do. I find who I am through relationships; relationships with my creator and with the people around me. It does not matter what I accomplish that day, it is about who I spent time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment