Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Comfort

Why do I try to make my life comfortable wherever I am?

Since I have been in Kenya I have been out of my comfort zone. I have been seeking God more during this time. But I am also noticing that I am trying to make the life as comfortable as possible.

I find that when I strive to be comfortable I tend to be less dependent on God. The distractions that come with being comfortable pull me way from my relationship with Christ. Do I have to remain in a state of being uncomfortable to be close with Christ? If so , how do I create that when my tendency is to seek comfort. Or can I maintain my relationship with Christ while I am comfortable?

Jesus purposefully lived an uncomfortable life, at least during His three years of ministry. He was always on the move. He had no permanent home. I guess what I am seeking is, how do I remain in constant state of dependency on Christ, like so many of the Kenyan Christians that I have met.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your posts! Praying for you guys daily!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete