Monday, December 6, 2010

On Death

The last few years of my life I have thought about death almost everyday. This may seem morbid or a waste of time. It is not something that I try to think about, it just comes into my head. I have many fears about death, because it is such a big unknown. I wonder what will happen after death. I believe what the Bible says about life after death, but sometimes I doubt. Is there really a heaven? And if so, what does it look like?

I am always thinking: what if my wife or family member dies? What if I die? These thoughts are good if they lead to positive conclusions. These thoughts and questions often lead me to: what is my purpose on this earth? If I was to die tomorrow what matters today? If I die tomorrow does is matter how much money or possession I have?

Thinking about death helps me to see my life from the correct perspective. It helps to me to put my priorities in the correct order and see life as a gift. I am able to count my blessings. These thoughts help me to appreciate and love people in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment